Translate

Thursday, February 04, 2016

My BlindSpot

So, I had a little incident with my eyes. Over a span of few weeks I began to gradually lose vision, leaving me blinded in one and with minuscule vision in the other. Horrendous! I felt like a horse with its blinders on, with no peripheral vision whatsoever - None! This also meant no 3D movies for me! A visit to the ophthalmologist and a succession of tests later, I was told that I had a Vitamin Deficiencies - Vitamin D and B12. Injections, medication and eye-drops soon followed and after a few months I was almost back ... Almost!
Darkness was my friend and a haven for me. It was an eye-opener of sorts. After getting my vision back, and at the risk of sounding too clichéd, I must share that never has the sky looked so blue, the grass so green, the sun so bright and the sound of the birds chirping music to my ears. These were things I've always taken for granted and during this Lenten period I have a lot to reflect on.
With a spring in my step and a camera in my hand I managed to capture natures beauty not only on film but in my mind's eye as well, hopefully not for any future references. ( An added bonus, my dose of free Vitamin D). ~ Voila!
And you can feel the stress ebb!

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful. never notice stuff like this in our busy lives. good pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature's gifts we tend to take for granted, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete