Translate

Friday, February 05, 2016

And Chorizo it was ~ Bon appetito!

It's still mildly cool - a tad - bit chilly in the morning but getting warmer as the day progresses. So I thought, before the onslaught of the summer heat, and the need to stay away from too much spice, why not make chorizo today! And that is exactly what I did. My little twist to the dish were a few raisins and a dash of fish sauce (I know, I know! You're probably thinking - "what are you thinking?").
Sangria time!
But it turned out pretty good, if I may say so myself. Spicy, as chorizo goes, and sweet and tangy with loads of fresh tomatoes! And lovely warm whole wheat bread to go with it. Delicioso!!
🌸
I was lucky growing up cosmopolitan and living the confluence of different cultures. However, I go back to my roots with this dish.
Fisherman in Kerela, Clicked in Dec. 2012
Kerela fish (Indian salmon) curry, on a bed of fluffy white rice and some coconut spinach
🌺

 

Steaming hot puttu, flavored with freshly grated coconut, a smattering of sugar and ghee ... Just the way I like it.

Not to forget my morning cuppa! ↗

Enjoy Ellen and Puttu!
🌼                           
Lovely hung curd whisked with palm sugar, topped with cinnamon powder and demerara sugar and baked to perfection!
🌷
The perfect start to a hot summers day - flattened rice prepared with ground nuts,
garnished with freshly grated coconut, chopped cilantro and juice of a freshly squeezed 🍋 a.k.a. poha

No comments:

Post a Comment