Translate

Friday, May 05, 2017

Stolen moments

As you must already know, I am not a fan of the proverbial Indian SUMMER!!!
I am never without my trusted and 'ugly' Tweety fan
😭 I decided a haircut was the need of the hour. I promptly arrived at my hairdressers and waited patiently to be called while flipping through a magazine. To many of us, our hairdresser is a confidant and friend, someone who will listen, mostly impassively, as you download .... And as I waited I couldn't help but eavesdrop on a telephone conversation. Oops 😮 ... But in my defense, it was a little loud, on the other side i.e. After the conversation was over I snuck a glance and knew straight away that this time around I had to don the 'listener hat' for a change.
So the problem here was the lack of any personal space. My friend here had to be home on time and account for every minute spent. Oh God how I felt! My empathy stemmed from the fact that I grew up in a matriachal household - I rebelled in my own way and this was creating unhappiness deep within me. I longed for the freedom my friends took for granted, like catching​ a movie at will, going out shopping​ or for a meal, visiting friends.... all of this without being made to feel guilty. It's just emotionally exhausting and overwhelming. And in a marriage, a relationship that defines your future, this is unacceptable. Bottom line - it's the product of a deep-rooted insecurity, of an emotionally handicapped person and to me this person is nothing short of a bully. There is an inhererent need to control and trying to live life through those of others. This in my book, my friends, is unhealthy!!!!
One needs to understand and respect the fact that we all need our personal space and the excuses for this sickness may be varied but it boils down to a personal issue, and again, excuses notwithstanding.
I liken this situation to a bird trapped in a gilded cage, fluttering and just waiting to spread it's wings and soar into the blue skies .. to freedom.
I feel for my poor Tweety bird
I hope this is not the reason for a marriage to bite the dust, a relationship so sacred! I hope not ....

Thank you for listening/reading 🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment