Translate

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)

The weekend at the cinemas had a dismal selection of movies to choose from. So hubby decided to book tickets for, drum rolls please, Guardians of the Galaxy - Volume 2. A fair warning to the male population of my readers that you may not like my version of the movie. In fact, I can guarantee you that. So here is the movie as seen from my eyes ...
Let's begin with the good. The 3D and special effects are awesome and the soundtracks beautiful. However, for me, it ends right there .... ✋. That was a short list eh πŸ˜•. As you're catapulted through the galaxies, there is an interesting parade of golden colored people, blue men and a green woman, a 'triangle faced monkey' and what not. However, I found baby Groot (a walking, talking, dancing sapling) cute. Let me correct that, Super cute. In a room full of testosterone, I was so lost. Guys somehow get the weird stuff unlike us romance seekers. But in all fairness the movie did have romance, mixed in with humor and topped with a generous dollop of sci-fi. πŸ˜‚
I couldn't help my yawning which began quietly at first to only get progressively noisy (you would think I was sleep deprived). But I was wide awake munching caramel popcorn after the interval... Was that a ploy on hubby's behalf? Guess I'll never know. Towards the end of the movie, in the midst of all the tear shedding, I was scratching my head trying to figure out if I was meant to shed a tear or two myself.
A pat on my back for pulling on my game face and 'kind' of being on my best behavior, since hubby was so into his film. It was a little too much when after the movie I was asked if I was going to write about it.
Say what again πŸ™‡ ... Really now??!!!πŸ™…
Anyways, that's that on that ... Ta da ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment