Translate

Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Underdog!

It was early one Saturday morning and it was temperate with only a hint of breeze when we took off on our motorcycle. The highway was dotted on both sides with nurseries. We took a stroll through a few of them not looking for anything particular. However, I succumbed to temptation and couldn't resist this adorable hibiscus plant in the prettiest shade of yellow while my husband picked a gorgeous double colored peach beauty. I couldn't wait to get home and begin planting. My little butter-cup (as I named him) was perfectly fine for a week or two, till calamity struck. Butter-cup was invaded by little bugs that sapped the life out of it. The pesticide (believe me I had to buy it, even though I didn't want to) I bought promised to get rid of the little pests. At first, it didn't seem to work. In fact Butter- Cup was soon bald of leaves, and I thought it was the end - no thanks to hubby convincing me that it was (and I miss emojis, right now)! But I simply wouldn't give up. Butter-cup received all my attention - lots of water, sun, music and a healthy diet of kind words (I know what you're thinking right now, 'I'm nuts'). But soon all my hard work paid off and there were new leaves and I could finally heave a huge sigh of relief when I spotted buds. So all was not lost after all!

                                                              Hats off to the underdog!


After eight months, one leaf at a time ~ ta da ..

No comments:

Post a Comment