Translate

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Heaven is for real (2014)

And yes that is the name of the movie starring Greg Kinnear.
Easter was great, the blessed season that symbolizes hope - an essential human lifeline.
A year has flown by and I'm missing a loved one. I seek a sign just to know all is well. Anything! I've had them before and they've always calmed my restless spirit. So here I was looking for them again.
And then last Sunday happened to be Divine Mercy Sunday. The sermon talked about doubt and the infamous "Doubting Thomas". And that, my friends, is my middle name. My mind is riddled with doubts that creep in at the most inopportune time to only take residence refusing to leave. And once again my faith, like every other mortal, wavers. I tell myself "Woe me of weak faith", here is a glimpse of my love for Shakespeare. Anyway, imagine my surprise when I watched 'Heaven is for real'. Here were the messages subtly coming my way and it was up to me to read them. Do I believe in Signs? After this, I most definitely do.
Now a little about the movie -
Todd is a man who wears many hats! He is a pastor, voluntary fireman, handyman and coach who lives with his beautiful family in Imperial, Nebraska. A gifted preacher, he has drawn the masses and the parish has only grown. However, Todd's faith is put to the test when his 4 year old son, Colton, has to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency surgery. All prayers are answered and Colton is back home. But something has changed! Colton is talking of singing angels, rainbow colored horses, of seeing Jesus and even sitting on his lap. He talks of seeing his great-grandfather and even his late, unborn sister who he knew nothing about. The whole town is laughing at the family, the kids in school resort to bullying and there is a dip in the footfalls at the parish. It's now up to Todd to wholly believe and be convinced in what Colton has experienced to then be a convincing preacher.
Such an incredibly beautiful movie based on true events.
I feel blessed 😇 and continue to pray and hope that all is well on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment