Translate

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Mum's The Word .... World

A Mother's job is a labor of love and pain ~ Pain for the way she brings forth her progeny  into this world and the love and fiery passion that she pours into nurturing her little ones. She will fiercely protect and will dive in headfirst to stave off storms - both metaphorical and real. This highlights two beautiful sides of her - a pillar of strength, a beacon of hope and security.

As a woman she has worn many hats from the day she was born - she has played the role of a daughter, sister, grand-daughter, wife, mum and she comes full circle when she becomes a grandmum. She is always giving off of herself as the moment demands, all selfishness and thoughts for herself aside, This very prospect can be so daunting but it's one that she is able to pull-off with aplomb. And the thought has crossed my mind, don't we all have the same 24 hours in our day?
She is a skillful juggler ably handling home, a family and a career.
Will saying Thank you, suffice? It would never be enough - But here goes:
Thank you, Mom for having instilled good - the will to think, do and the will to be good, against all adversity; To treat one-and-all with love and respect.
Thank you, Mom for teaching me to pray …To have faith, to believe that God will not give me more than I can handle, that I have to put my trust in him and give it my best; His love will never fail!
You helped me overcome all my fears - you ironed away the wrinkles that life leaves behind and you've helped me be positive at all times, building morale every step of the way. Your soothing voice exudes comfort even in the darkness, when the thunder rolls and lightning crashes and Thank you for driving away night-time monsters too. 
My heart swells with love for you and for all that you’ve done: -
for the countless tears you've wiped, for tirelessly nursing me back to health; For a pat on my back on my accomplishments and for a hug when I was down.
For encouraging me to compete in all fairness, letting me know that I am no less and that I too stand a fair chance.
The years have slipped by, but my treasure chest of memories continues to grow.
I feel rich when I count all the gifts I have that money can’t buy – the gift of love, integrity and dignity.
This is to ALL women - we are born nurturers and are natural mothers.

So a Happy Mother's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment