Translate

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy V-Day

I was probably 7 or so when I first heard of Valentine's Day. I was instantly intrigued and I wanted to know everything. From what I gathered, and correct me if I'm wrong, it's a day you celebrate your love for someone dear. I was excited! So I went home, grabbed some paper and my color pencils and got down to it. Now who got lucky that day? My mum, of course. I don't really remember what went on it but I do remember her being surprised and pleasantly so.
Numerous Valentine Days later this year I want to say Thank you and I love you - to all my friends from ages past to this day. We may not meet too often but your presence in my life is truly treasured. You've been a part of all my ups and downs; you've helped heal many wounds and shared in my joys, wiped many tears; you've been my strength, my pillars and my confidantes.
I hope you've all found your Valentine's, like I have mine, and may your lives be enriched and filled with the love of your family and friends;
Lots of happiness and many good times, yet to come. What more could I wish for!

My perfect Valentine's Day number - The Carpenters crooning "The Top of the World"


No comments:

Post a Comment