Translate

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Hateful Eight (2015)

A Quentin Tarantino fan are you? Rest assured - you won't be disappointed. You wouldn't find me at the movies too often and if I am, then you would not catch me anywhere near a Tarantino Film. This was to cut the better half some slack who is always accompanying me to watch some "inane, sappy" nonsense.

There I was, munching on some popcorn and hunkered down in my seat preparing myself for the blood and gore to come. Sigh ...
It is years after the Civil war and there is a blizzard bearing down on rural Wyoming and Major Marquis Warren (Samuel Jackson) is looking to hitch hike to Red Rock. Accompanying him are three dead  wanted criminals, with huge bounties. Warren hails down a stagecoach that is occupied by John Ruth (Kurt Russel) who has handcuffed himself to his bounty, Daisy Domergue (Jennifer Jason Leigh). Daisy who is alive and kicking, has a substantial bounty on her head and that makes John not too trusting of anyone. However, he agrees to give the Major a ride with a promise that they would lookout for each other.
The blizzard soon catches up to them and it's brutal, forcing them to wait it out at Minnie's Haberdashery. And there await the other members of the 'Hateful Eight'.
The movie is divided into six chapters (Tarantino Style) and keeps up the suspense. The effects were great and I was shivering, my husband insisting it was the air turned on low and not the biting cold blizzard.
Word for the day :-
axiomatic -  self-evident or unquestionable

No comments:

Post a Comment