Translate

Sunday, March 12, 2017

On love and relationships!

While penning down my synopsis for 'Baby baby baby' I didn't feel like I had said all there was to say on my thoughts on relationships.
I adore the following verse from the Bible on LOVE ~ 'Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs." 1 Corinthian 13:4-5
Can you really compete with that?
I may get a little candid here with my thoughts and believe me, it's not something I'm comfortable doing. As I see it, we seek the best deals in most things - like when buying a car, a home, furniture, clothes and even groceries for that matter. So why stop when it comes to something as huge as a relationship? Sow the seeds of your time and nurture with love and patience and reap the bounty of a fulfilled relationship. Dishonesty is the weed that could choke a beautiful bond and so as difficult as it may be being honest is paramount for every relationship to work.
Growing up I haven't been lucky to witness strong marriages and it's a heavy burden to carry for a young, impressionable mind. That would explain why, for the longest time, I carried a clouded opinion on the institution of marriage and what it stood for. To find someone to trust and for that someone to understand where I came from was extremely difficult. From my standpoint I had much to prove to myself and it was important to be open to learning, considering I was stepping in with a disadvantage. There is no reason to turn bitter but only better ( Oh the cliches .. 😐 please work with me here). But like I said, it takes a long time to settle in, like a good, mature and full-bodied wine ... I know, I know me glass of red again! 😃
                   ....... More to come 

No comments:

Post a Comment