Translate

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Conjuring 2 (2016)

I absolutely love 'The Conjuring' and it is one of my favorite horror flicks. 'Hide and clap', demons crouched over cupboards, behind doors, hanging and floating bodies ... I watch the movie every time it is on television and so you can only imagine how much I've anticipated the release of the second part of the film. So with bated breath and fingers crossed I watched this film on a cloudy morning at the cinemas. Now why morning? Good question! Just a precaution on my part that by nightfall, the effects of the film would have faded substantially. So with goose-bumps, here goes ..
The year is 1977! Ed (Patrick Wilson)  and Lorraine Warren (Vera Farmiga) continue to give talks on television and at universities on the paranormal. However during a séance, Lorraine gets a vision convincing her that she no longer wants any part in exorcisms.  However, their help is sought by the church to investigate claims of paranormal and demonic activities in Enfield, England. Here the Hodgson families is convinced their house is haunted. Will Lorraine be able to get over her premonitions to help the family in need? I can't tell you any more and spoil it for ya ...
James Wan has managed to up the ante on the suspense, fright  and creepy element. It is a nail-biting and hands down, horrific movie. Please do watch!
Oh and by the way, I am back to sleeping with the lights on, again!

Word for the day :-
dendritic - having a branched form resembling a tree

No comments:

Post a Comment