Translate

Sunday, March 18, 2018

On Lifes Journey ....


Happy New Year to all you dear readers. I started this year with a lot of trepidation, but delightfully thrown in was a bit of excitement. So, what is it you ask? A move, to a new city! 

Being an avid traveler and food lover, (I'll skip the term "foodie", it's so clichéd), this comes with a lot of expectancy in exploring the unknown. I've always possessed the need to understand what is beyond the realm of my immediate purview and then use it to grow and overcome what I see as self-imposed boundaries. So a new language, culture, food habits definitely falls under that category.

Another year has gone by and I have a question, do you make resolutions? I for one, don't, and I never have. But there were a few things that came to mind as the clock struck 12 and the new year awaited with open arms... 

My contemplations on a bygone year had given me a lot to think about. I am eternally  grateful for what's passed and expectant for what was to come. I had decided to live in the moment, savoring each precious second as it is more than what someone else could have wished for. It would be great to do something that would bring a smile to my face - like read a book, watch a movie, pot a plant, or even visit someone and if that's not possible then pick up the phone and call. 




So with my bags strapped and ready and with spring now heralding the new, I wish you all the very best! 


No comments:

Post a Comment