Translate

Monday, February 06, 2017

The God honest truth!

It's amazing how we can learn life's lessons from anywhere, at anytime and from anyone. If only we are open to being educated ...
I was long due to visit the dentist for a routine. It was a Saturday afternoon and as I entered the clinic I was pleasantly greeted by my dentist's daughter... All of 4 years she was a little talker and she regaled me with stories. I heard about a vacation, little red bugs, school and homework (the teacher was rather demanding - too much coloring, you see), a story about some party and a busy social calendar. I must say it was entertaining... Soon I was called in and I had to reluctantly say goodbye. Seeking some parting advice I asked her, "should I be frightened of the dentist?" She looked at me and very seriously replied, "No! He is my father."
I was stumped and speechless. From the mouth of a babe came a reply so honest and true; a truth so profound that it exuded a feeling of immense security, evoking abundant confidence. That is a faith we need to get us through life and it's many hurdles.
FAITH ~
That wobbles and doubts and if we can trust mere mortals how much more should be our faith in the divine. 🙏
The world is our teacher and our classroom! 🌍

No comments:

Post a Comment