Translate

Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Yellow Bench!

It was a long time coming! Vacay time - the coconut trees, warm sun and wet sands beckoned. I was happy to leave behind the smog filled air, the cacophony of rush hour traffic and the pressure filled city life for a brief interlude with life on the beach.
On the long road trip, in the middle of nowhere, I sighted a bright yellow bench amidst the trees. I had to stop. I was struck by the solitude, the intense quiet broken by the song of birds and the quiet rustle of the leaves. I wanted to Buddhify and be lost in deep meditation. No network, the bane and boon of society these days, waiting to crash into the sanctitude. Oh what bliss!
Then I thought to myself, what is that bench doing here after all? I hadn't seen a bus for the entire distance so far, no humans either treading the dusty earth and civilization seemed far removed... The mystery continues ... But that bench I loved ... Yellow, sturdy and alone nestled in the lap of nature.
I had to move on and here I am writing about it and thinking about it!

My relaxation go to!
The sea in the evening
And by day







Some baked goodness with a Cosmopolitan ...

No comments:

Post a Comment