Translate

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sands of Time

The setting was beautiful! The ocean waves were lapping a cool froth, leaving an imprint of my feet on the sand with the sun shedding its setting rays over the horizon. I stood there feeling nostalgic of a time and the years gone by …..
I remember running along those very sands, my little hand nestled in my dad’s, strong and firm, and my little feet trying to keep up with his big strides. I was running into the waves; they seemed so big to me then and yet, I never feared … I knew I was safe and could face them fearlessly with my dad by my side. I remember looking up into his eyes that were so full of love for me, with laughter written all over his handsome face. I knew I would always look up to him for everything and he would always be my “Hero”. I had this image captured in my mind’s eye… Never to be forgotten.
Today …… here I am again … years later, with the love of my life and as I stand here I miss my dad. I remembered the massive waves of trials and tribulations that had washed up my shore over the years and the sound advice that my dad would give me. When they had passed … they were just little whitecaps again … small and insignificant … Pretty and cool … Like life, itself! Beautiful!
Pic self clicked while on vacation in Goa
Now as I start a new chapter in my life, I will always remember that moment gone by on the sands … of time….!  My dad will always be my Hero, but I have another who I will be sharing the roller-coaster of my life with….The highs and lows… the thrills and excitement … To leave a part of me and those memories as a legacy …..

No comments:

Post a Comment